Monday, November 5, 2012

Collections are Cool

I had an enjoyable day last week visiting the Bowers Museum in Santa Ana.  My main reason for visiting was to view their collection of California Plein Air paintings, but two other visiting exhibits were equally wonderful.  If you have the chance, take an afternoon and go see the Faberge jewelry and accessories created for the Russian Tsars.  The other exhibit which was a real treat was Madeleine Albrights', former Secretary of State, pin collection.  She was known for wearing a pin to represent the mood or conditions at the moment of her official visits with dignitaries. 

People love to collect things.  I have never been a collector of anything until a few years ago.  I started collecting small boxes I can display throughout my home.  It's fun because whenever I look at them, I'm reminded of past trips, museums or events I've attended.  My only criteria is that they are small and unique.  Collections can be display in creative ways and give a very personal touch to your interior. 

What do  you love?  Think about collecting it - and then how to display it.




One of several trays of my boxes

No comments:

Post a Comment